Savory Tarts for Your Sweethearts!
Celebrate someone you love and the power of food and community with a savory tart meal from Kitchen Commons!
This is a fundraiser for our Kitchen Leadership Program supporting Community Kitchens and their amazing grassroots leaders and diverse participants, from adults with developmental disabilities in the “Hob Nob” group, to Spanish speakers in the Cully neighborhood, to youth, seniors, students and neighbors in Concordia, to the passionate gardeners and cooks of many countries at New Columbia.
These rustic tarts are perfect for a cozy February evening, and will generously serve four people. They come pre-baked and just need 15 – 20 minutes to warm up in your oven. We’ll include a tasty beverage of your choice plus some heart-shaped cookies for dessert!
Pick up will be between 4 and 6pm on Sunday, February 12th, by arrangement on 2/13 or 14, or we may be able to deliver in central Portland. Suggested donation for the meal is $20 – $30.
May we suggest a savory tart to nourish the body and spirit of:
- Yourself! Freeze the leftovers and have several dinners and lunches to look forward to.
- One of your favorite Social Justice Champions – we’ll deliver and include a thank you note from you.
- A group of friends – gather together in community to connect and support each other.
- Your sweetie, of course!
Tart meal details:
- Choose from Roasted Squash & Blue Cheese, Garlic Potatoes with Winter Greens, Mushroom & Pot Roast, or you can request a mix & match customized option.
- Lots of local, seasonal and organic goodness!
- All tarts are filled with a caramelized onion base. We can make them egg/dairy-free by request (let us know what you need on your order form.) We can also do a gluten-free crust and cookies!
- For your beverage choice, we’ll contact you after you place your order with the options we have available.